An overview of Turkish public universities
Public universities in Turkey are among the most important universities in the world at the present time, and they are the meeting place for many nationalities and everyone who seeks knowledge and wants to complete his university studies in a country famous for its higher education and great educational capabilities that attract many people to it from different countries of the world in general, and the most important What makes people go to this great and ancient country in education is the good reputation that comes out of the mouths of everyone who goes to this country and completes their studies, or at least for the sake of tourism only and to see the great possibilities.
Public universities in Turkey :
In the recent period, the universities of Turkey have developed greatly and become in the picture, unlike many other universities in the whole world. It includes many specializations that allow all students to choose the best for them and specialize in it, and here every student finds what he wants and wants in order to reach the Glory in the sky of education through public universities in Turkey, which we will learn about in the following article, along with the terms and dates of application, and the best of these universities that we find many people are looking for online.
Admission requirements for Turkish public universities :
First Bachelor’s stage :
Admission to public universities in Turkey is more difficult than admission to private Turkish universities, and universities differ among themselves on admission requirements. We can divide universities at the undergraduate level into 5 sectors:
- The EOS sector: These are the universities in which the student needs to enter the university’s EOS test only or one of the EOS tests held by other Turkish universities only, such as Istanbul University, which accepts its university test only, unlike some other universities such as Gaziantep University, for example, which accept its test as well Istanbul University Exam.
- The International Testing Sector: It requires the student to take one of the international tests such as the SAT or ACT, or the AL tests of the British high school, such as Haci Tepe University and Bogazici University.
- Local and international secondary sector: Arab and local high schools are accepted, in addition to the certificates of the second sector “international examination sector”, but this type of university gives priority to students of the second sector during application.
- Sector IV: It accepts both the first and second sectors, such as Yildiz Technical University.
- Fifth Sector: All degrees are accepted, such as Yıdirım Beyazit University, Ankara University, Gamma Karbuk and Sakarya, but this type of university gives priority to students of the first and second sectors.
For admission to medical departments in public universities: This requires a great effort from students, as most public universities do not accept students except with IOS certificates or international certificates and with high scores close to 100% in the YOS test. For admission to engineering or literary disciplines: The student must prepare to enter The American SAT exam and obtaining a score of 1250 or more.
Secondly, the Master’s and Ph.D. “Postgraduate Studies”:
Universities differ among themselves on admission requirements. We can divide universities at the master’s level into two sectors:
- Sector 1: Needs a GRE or . GMAT
- The second sector: it is accepted to apply directly with a bachelor’s degree.
Advantages of applying to public universities:
Universities differ among themselves on the method of application, and the methods of application include:
- Electronic comparisons.
- Electronic comparisons + mailing papers.
- Fill out a form by hand + mail the papers.
- Direct comparison by traveling to the university and handing papers in.
There are some universities that require payment of application fees during the joint process, ranging between $20 and $150, depending on the university. In addition, there are some universities that require interviews with students before they are accepted.
Information on the application dates for Turkish public universities “The Comparisons”:
First, the distinctions of the bachelor’s degree:
- Public universities differ among themselves in the dates of opening and closing applications, the date of results and registration, some universities open the application for two weeks in May and others in June or July, but in general the first public university begins to open its doors for applications in the last week of the fourth month. April” of each year, and the last public university closes the application for it on the first day of the last week of the ninth month “September”.
- Some public universities open more than one comparison to apply for, due to the lack of seats during the first comparison, due to the failure of accepted students to register at the university.
- Some universities open more than one comparison, as they allocate one for students applying through the IOS test, another comparison for students applying for international certificates, and a third comparison for students applying for local high schools of their countries.
Second, the comparisons of the master’s and doctoral stages:
Public universities differ among themselves in the dates of opening and closing applications, the date of results and registration, because not all universities open applications at the same time.
Universities open applications twice in the first year, during June and July of each year, and the second during December and January of each year.
Documents required to apply for a bachelor’s degree:
- High school diploma “Diploma”.
- High School Certificate “Transcript”.
- passport copy.
- IOS test certificate or international tests “if any”.
Documents required for master’s and doctoral degrees :
- The graduation certificate for the bachelor in the case of applying for a master’s degree and the two graduation certificates for both bachelors and masters in the case of applying for a doctorate.
- Transcripts for the bachelor’s degree in case of applying for a master’s degree, and two transcripts for both bachelor’s and master’s in case of applying for a doctorate.
- At least two letters of recommendation.
- Letter of intent.
- GRE certification, but not all universities are required.
Turkey’s public universities ranking
Turkish public universities occupy distinguished and advanced positions in terms of competition in the list of the best universities in the world in general, due to the distinguished services and the level of higher education provided by Turkey in all the universities in which it is located, which has been highly praised by many people from different countries of the world and everyone who studied In these five major universities that we will learn about in the following paragraphs of the article:
- Bosphorus University: It is one of the public universities in Turkey that offers a high level of education and is attended by many students from different countries of the world, and this university ranks first at the level of Turkish public universities and 234th in the world.
- Middle East Technical University: The prestigious university, as many people call it, is characterized by great sophistication in dealing with students, and this is according to the praise of everyone who studied at this university with this distinguished level that it offers. The World University Rankings for the Best Universities in the World.
- Istanbul Technical University: It is the third university in Turkey in the list of Turkish public universities that specializes in technical studies, and this university is the third in terms of ranking among Turkish universities at the local level, while in terms of its position in the list of the best universities in the world it is ranked 376 .
- Ankara University: It is a major university located in Turkey and is always at the forefront of universities at the local level, although there is strong competition for the first five positions among many universities and the ranking varies from time to time, and in terms of the global level, Ankara University comes in 597th place in terms of its rank Among the major universities all over the world.
- Istanbul University: It is the oldest university in Turkey and the oldest university in terms of establishment in this large country, and although it did not continue to be at the forefront of universities at the local level, it is always in the list of the top 5 universities in Turkey, and at the global level its position is among the universities in Different countries of the world ranked 663.
Average fees in Turkish public universities :
Many students seek to study in international universities and distinguished universities with a high level of education in order to benefit from this education in the future, but the obstacle at this time is only one thing, which is “money”, and that is why people search online for the cheapest Turkish public universities in order to apply and benefit from higher education and a certificate to work in a good place later, and when we talk about the tuition fees in Turkish public universities, they start from about $ 500 in universities such as the Middle East Technical University, but the costs vary according to the college and according to the university, and when we talk about the highest university prices, Ankara Yildirim Bayezid University, which costs up to three thousand dollars for one academic year, especially in engineering faculties, and eight thousand dollars for human medicine